Search This Blog

Monday, May 17, 2010

cooking fever





On Monday I made homemade strawberry ice cream, homemade blackberry/apple/strawberry jam, 2 loaves of bread (whole wheat and white), and chicken pot pie from scratch! Because of the warm weather and all the fresh yummy ingredients available, I have some serious cooking fever! Granted, I didn't justifiably have time to do all this in one day, but I just got on a roll.








I had to break in my new ice cream maker attachment that goes with my KitchenAid mixer. Also, Israel got me Emeril's breadmaker (only one to make 3 lb. loaves...sweet) that I'd been wanting for a while, and I've been having a lot of fun playing with it! The breadmaker has a "jam" setting, which was so exciting to try!

Quinn was eating the jam by the spoonfuls. Oh my. I finally convinced him to eat it on the (homemade) bread too. He loves watching the breadmaker and dances when it starts the kneading cycle.

His face was pressed on the glass for so long that he had an imprint of the breadmaker on his forehead, nose, and cheeks.


When I need a meal that is sure to please, I go for the pot pie. It is a bit time consuming, but there is plenty of filling to freeze for future pies.


2 comments:

  1. Oh my...how proud am I of you??? Let me count the ways....love you so much!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice, Leah! Love the picture of Quinn enjoying the bread and homemade jam. =) Hope your ice cream maker worked ok!

    ReplyDelete